Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Blog 6

Visual:

I have found 1 visual that I think is representative of my topic. I have also made one that I find explains my topic.


This is a picture of Count Dracula, who is a vampire. Since I am discussing the vampire effect, I think this is a good image that represents my topic. The vampire effect discusses how the social individuals tend to "suck" the life out of the social isolates. This can be compared to Dracula and how he sucks the life out of his victims. Also, Dracula can be used to discuss how the upper-class are generally the ones who will do the life-sucking, since he is a rich count. In society, this can be compared to the upper-class students who might feel more confident and have less worries since they do not have financial issues.

The second image is a flowchart that I made discussing the events that occur during the vampire effect:
This flowchart shows the order of events that take place: first social comparison is done due to individuals comparing themselves to their peers. They then feel envy, however cannot feel too angry since they believe that they have to take responsibility for their actions. This leads to repression of their envy, which leads to anxiety and self-isolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment